Loud motorcycle exhaust pipes, which were confiscated by the Pagbilao Municipal Police Station (PMPS) from owners for causing annoying noise publicly, were destroyed before the employees and officials of the local government unit of Pagbilao, during the flag raising ceremony, March 13, 2017.
The activity is part of the implementation of Municipal Ordinance No. 6, Series of 2011 or An Ordinance Regulating the Use of Motorcycles and/or Scooters within the Territorial Jurisdiction of This Municipality, and Imposing Penalties for Violation Thereof, issued by the Sangguniang Bayan in 2011, and implemented right after by the LGU with PNP Pagbilao.
Section 5 (Prohibited Acts) of the said Ordinance states that “Owners of motorcycles or scooters are prohibited from modification of muffler and from removing the silencer of muffler, side mirrors and chain guard of their respective units at all times.” The Ordinance applies to “all residents of this municipality and non-residents who may pass through the road of this municipality.”
Furthermore, Section 5 of Ordinance No. 6, S. 2011 also declares the following prohibited acts:
– No person shall drive a motorcycle or scooter without wearing a helmet on all roads of this municipality, at all times, including the back rider.
– Only licensed drivers shall be allowed to drive motorcycle or scooter. Driver of motorcycle or scooter must carry a copy of current LTO registration when driving or operating the vehicle.
– Drivers of motorcycles or scooters are prohibited to carry as back rider children who cannot reach the ground.
– Only two (2) persons, including the driver, shall be allowed to ride on a motorcycle or scooter.
– Motorcycle and/or scooter drivers shall strictly observe the prescribe speed limit on all roads of this municipality when operating their respective units.
– No person shall engage in drag race of motorcycles or scooters within the territorial jurisdiction of this municipality.
The PMPS will continue to conduct similar confiscations so as to teach irresponsible motorcycle owners an important lesson and to keep the Municipality of Pagbilao peacefully quiet.
Pagbilao Municipal Hall
Rizal St., Brgy. Sta. Catalina,
Telephone No.: (042) 797-0937
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org [click here]
Philippine National Police
Tel. No.: (042) 797-2854
Bureau of Fire Protection
Tel No.: (042) 797-0932
Tel No.: (042) 797-3092
Mayor Palicpic emerges one of 5 Finalists in 2nd Sonia R. Lorenzo Award
Thursday, October 5, 2017 @ 9:34
Pagbilao Mayor Shierre Ann Portes-Palicpic emerged one of the five (5) finalists among thirty-five (35) nominees from all over the…
MGA DAPAT MALAMAN TUNGKOL SA JAPANESE ENCEPHALITIS
Monday, October 2, 2017 @ 10:41
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (DOH) JAPANESE ENCEPHALITIS MGA DAPAT MALAMAN TUNGKOL SA JAPANESE ENCEPHALITIS JAPANESE ENCEPHALITIS: Virus transmitted by mosquito bites….