The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) has been receiving reports on the proliferation of Fake accounts in Facebook. To protect yourself from becoming a victim, we recommend the following:
- Set your Facebook account to private.
- Review and configure your Facebook security settings. Make sure that you utilize all the security features available, including the two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Report the fake/dummY account to Facebook.
How to report Fake/Dummy Accounts to Facebook
- Locate the Fake Facebook Account then click the (...) button.
- Choose the Find Support or Report Profile option.
- Choose the “Pretending to be Someone” option. Proceed to select “Me” if the account is pretending to be you, or “A Friend” if its pretending to be one of your friends. Then click Next.
NOTE: If you are reporting for a friend, make sure to indicate the profile being pretended to be.